I really love a good chocolate banana bread. This recipe is so delicious, always moist and has the best texture. Baking it in a bunt pan really makes it look fancier than a loaf without adding any extra effort.
This banana bread recipe is great for a sweet treat or breakfast, in fact, my son would eat this every breakfast of his life if I’d let him. He is a veeeery selective eater, so you know it’s good.
I like to make this for a sweet treat, usually whenever I see pitiful looking bananas hanging out in the fruit bowl. Typically, I bake it and then freeze half before we scarf down the entire bundt in two days. It’s that addicting. I just cut the bunt in half and wrap one half tightly in plastic wrap, pop it in a gallon size zip lock bag and throw it in the freezer. All you need to do is pull it out the night before to let it thaw and in the morning slice it up for an easy week day breakfast. It’s moist and dense thanks to the Greek yogurt so it doesn’t crumble all over and make a huge mess. Trust me, you’re going to love this one.
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Bundt Pan
- 3 medium over ripe bananas mashed (approx 1/2 cups)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup sugar white granulated
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup greek yogurt, full fat or sub for sour cream
- 1 ⅓ cup AP flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the bananas (if you haven't already) until there are very few lumps. Add the melted butter, both types of sugar, and mix until fully combined.
- Whisk the eggs into the bowl with wet ingredients and beat the batter until the eggs are fully combined, about 2-3 minutes. Add the greek yogurt (or sour cream, if subbing) and the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Fold the dry ingredients from the first bowl into the second bowl with the wet ingredients. Once combined gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour. To test insert a toothpick into the center of the bread, if it comes out clean without leaving any raw batter on the toothpick it is done). Remove from the oven and let cool on a baking rack for 25-35 minutes before inverting the banana bread bundt cake from the pan.
I love seeing photos when you make my recipes! Make sure to tag me @katyscookin on Instagram when you make this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread! Thanks for stopping by!