Sweet and salty desserts are my absolute favorite. I rarely love a dessert that doesn’t have a savory component. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies hit the spot! They aren’t overly sweet, have a nutty undertone from the peanut butter and are filled with rich chocolaty gooey goodness.
These cookies are a go to for me because you don’t have to plan ahead. The butter is melted in the microwave so you don’t have to wait for it to come to room temp. Additionally, this recipe doesn’t require an electric mixer so it comes together really fast. The cookies are baked on parchment paper lined baking sheets making for relatively little clean up!
Making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies you start by pre-heating your oven to 350°. Next, melt your butter in the microwave in 30 second increments until liquid. Mix the butter and peanut butter together with a wooden or silicone spoon until fully incorporated. Then, add in all the sugar, the vanilla and mix to combine. Add the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture (or vise versa, it won’t make a difference in this recipe) and fold together until just combined. Don’t over mix at this step or you will end up with tough cookies. Last, fold in the mix of chocolate chips, scoop the dough and bake at 350° for 13 minutes until the edges and tops are golden brown.
Storing the cookie dough
This dough is perfect for making a day or two ahead of time so you can easily bake off a batch of fresh, hot cookies in a snap. The best way to do this is to separate the dough into two equal parts and form it into 2 ‘slice and bake’ style logs with wax paper or plastic wrap. Store the logs of dough in the fridge for up to 48 hours. When you are ready to bake your cookies remove the logs of dough from the fridge, slice it into 1/2″ disks and bake them for 13-14 minutes on parchment lined baking sheet at 350°. You’ll have hot, gooey and delicious cookies in no time.
The ‘slice and bake’ method will yield a flatter cookie than the scoop method but they are just as delicious!
Tip: Don’t worry about spacing the cookies out very much on the parchment paper, the peanut butter in them prevents the dough from spreading while baking.
Peanut butter and chocolate is the best duo. These cookies are a must try for anyone that loves the combination!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sheet Pans
- parchment paper
- large spring loaded cookie scoop
- Mixing Bowls
- Wooden or Silicone Spoon
- measuring spoons
- 1 stick butter melted*
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed tight
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups AP flour (scoop and sweep method)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a wooden spoon or large silicone spoon mix the melted butter with the peanut butter until fully incorporated in a large mixing bowl. Add granulated sugar, dark brown sugar and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Add one egg at a time, mixing to fully incorporate each egg before adding the next.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly fold the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture until just incorporated, being cautious not to over mix (over mixing will make for tough cookies).
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop dough with a large spring loaded scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. The cookies do not spread much at all so you can place them about 1" apart.
- Bake at 350° for 13 minutes until just golden brown.
I love seeing photos when you make my recipes! Make sure to tag me @katyscookin on Instagram when you make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! Thanks for stopping by!