Flatbreads are a go-to quick and easy dinner at my house. These Lemon Tahini Kale Flatbreads are SO delicious and a really great way to get your fill of dark leafy greens. The dressing comes together quickly in a blender or food processor. I keep the remainder of the sauce in the fridge and use it through out the week with different meals, it is so versatile. Making the flatbreads comes together in no time once the dressing is prepped so this is one of my favorite week night meals!
Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing
Lemon Tahini salad dressing is one of my all time favorites. The Tahini makes the dressing so creamy and delicious without any dairy. It has a good kick of garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice to brighten it up and a little olive oil to finish it off.
To make the dressing put the water, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, lemon zest, salt and olive oil in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. That’s it! Store the dressing in an airtight container for 7-10 days in the fridge. I use this dressing as the sauce on chicken pizzas, in salads and as a yummy dipping sauce for roasted cauliflower. Try it, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
How to make Lemon Tahini Kale Flatbreads
Once you have your Lemon Tahini Dressing made the flatbreads come together in less than 10 minutes. Start by pre-heating your oven to 375°. Cover a sheet pan with foil and place the two Na’an pieces on the pan. Spoon 2-3 tbsp Lemon Tahini Dressing across the top of the two Na’an flatbreads and spread it to cover each piece. Sprinkle each flatbread with grated parmesan, black pepper and red pepper flakes then bake at 375° for 7 minutes. While the Na’an is in the oven dress the chopped kale with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Lemon Tahini Dressing, adjusting the dressing amount to your preference. Then finish off the salad by tossing in some grated parmesan, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
When the Na’an is done baking, remove it from the oven and top with the freshly dressed Lemon Tahini Salad. Garnish each flatbread with more grated parmesan, fresh cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes and you’re done! We love these a meatless dinner option but the addition of flaked grilled salmon or grilled chicken are delish!
Other Na’an Flatbreads
I keep a couple packages of Na’an in the freezer at all times to use when I need to whip up a quick dinner. With two little kids I find that having a good arsenal of quick, go-to meals is a necessity. Na’an is part of my arsenal. It’s delicious, easy to find in grocery stores and something we use often.
Na’an is a really great base to use for DIY individual pizzas. I use them for an easy and stress free way to get kids involved in the cooking process. I set up a little pizza topping station with sauces, meats, veggies and cheeses and then let them get creative with their preferred flavors. Another favorite that I frequently make are these sweet and savory Fig, Prosciutto and Cambozola Flatbreads. So good!
Next time you’re getting groceries, grab a couple packages and toss them in the freezer. The next time you need dinner on the table in a snap pull them out, get creative and top them with whatever you’ve got.
- Blender or Food Processor
- sheet pan
- medium or large mixing bowl
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (zest one lemon before juicing it)
- 2 large lemons juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Lemon Tahini Kale Flatbreads
- 1 cup Lemon Tahini Dressing recipe included
- 2 pieces Na'an flatbread
- 4 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan (plus 2-3 tbsp for topping)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Place the water and lemon juice in the bottom of a blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients (garlic, tahini, lemon zest, olive oil and salt) and blend 1-2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
Lemon Tahini Kale Flatbreads
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place both pieces of Na'an on the sheet pan.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp of the Lemon Tahini Dressing on top of each Na'an flatbread and smooth in an even layer cross each piece. Sprinkle each with a tbsp of Parmesan.
- Bake at 375° for 7 minutes.
- While the Na'an bakes, place the chopped kale in a large mixing bowl and toss it with as much of the the remaining Lemon Tahini Dressing as you like. Add in 1/3 cup of Parmesan, fresh cracked black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste and toss it together.
- Remove the Na'an flatbreads from the oven and top each hot flatbread with half of the Lemon Tahini Kale salad mix. Cut each flatbread in 4-6 pieces and sprinkle with more Parmesan, black pepper and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
I love seeing photos when you make my recipes! Make sure to tag me @katyscookin on Instagram when you make these Lemon Tahini Kale Flatbreads! Thanks for stopping by!
Leave a Reply