I have really been missing frozen margaritas the last couple months. A few weeks ago I started experimenting, trying to figure out a legit at home frozen margarita. I find that no matter what the ratio of ice to liquid, blender margaritas just don’t have that same light and fluffy texture that margarita machines produce. The addition of frozen cucumber in these Frozen Cucumber Jalapeño Margaritas is what I found to produce the closest texture to a machine churned margarita. It’s also a nice bonus to get some veggies in while drinking a cocktail. These ‘ritas are basically a health food!
How to make Frozen Cucumber Jalapeño Margaritas
There is a little bit of prep involved with making these cocktails. You need to freeze the chopped cucumber pieces before blending everything to give it a nice and creamy texture. Plan to put the diced cucumber in the freezer for at least an hour before making the batch. Over the last couple of weeks I have kept a freezer bag of chopped cucumber pieces stocked so i’m prepared whenever I want to blend up a round. Each time I get an order of groceries I chop up a cucumber and toss it in the freezer. Then I don’t have to wait an hour the next time i’m craving a frozen marg!
These are SO easy to make, very refreshing and have a little kick of jalapeño that I love. Start by putting the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, lime zest, frozen diced cucumber, fresh jalapeño slices, agave and ice in a blender. Blend it on high for about 1 minute until smooth and pourable. If your margaritas are too thick add a little extra lime juice, a tablespoon at a time, with the blender running. Once you have everything blended into a smooth pourable consistency, garnish your glasses and pour your drinks!
Tip: Put your cocktail glasses (gently) in the freezer while you prep your margaritas. A cold glass will keep the margarita from melting as quickly.
- cocktail glasses
- 4 oz tequila I prefer blanco
- 2 oz Cointreau
- 4 oz fresh lime juice ~3 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp lime zest ~zest from 1 lime
- 1 cup diced cucumber frozen
- 4 slices fresh jalapeno
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 cups ice
- salt for garnish (optional)
- lime slices for garnish (optional)
- cucumber slices for garnish (optional)
- Put the tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, lime zest, diced frozen cucumber, 4 fresh jalapeño slices, agave nectar and ice in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of salt on a small plate. Run one of your discarded lime halves around the rim of each glass to lightly coat with juice. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt plate to lightly rim the glass.
- Pour the contents of blender into each glass and garnish each glass with a slice of jalapeño, lime and cucumber. Serve immediately.
I love seeing photos when you make my recipes! Make sure to tag me @katyscookin on Instagram when you make these Frozen Cucumber Jalapeño Margaritas! Thanks for stopping by!